By Jessica Harrington, Director
Moving forward in a season of uncertainty will look different for everyone. It requires resilience and curiosity about what the future holds. Moving forward doesn’t eliminate fear, but allows us the courage to persevere in the face of fear.
Think of moving forward as a small, intentional action toward a goal.
What does forward look like for you today? Forward might involve some (or all) of the following:
- Small and great acts of self care as shared in today’s earlier posts.
- Leveraging inner strengths to connect with yourself and others. Consider taking the VIA Character Strengths assessment. It’s free and insightful.
- Remaining optimistic about future prospects for employment. The field of public health is expanding. See how alumni are actively putting their skills and education to use around the world.
- Confronting and exploring fear.
- Reaching out for help if you need to air your concerns. JHSAP and Student Life are here to listen and support your overall wellbeing. Career Services is here to support you in navigating the employment landscape.
Whatever forward looks like for you, take it a small step at a time. Keep going!